Digital Director at SEIU
Political Organization | Washington D.C. Metro Area, US
Working to help you build our 99% movement online. Interested in elevating arts, culture and technology for social justice; and in eating dinner at your house.
Specialties: branding, user experience, css, photoshop, xhtml, html, wordpress, drupal, content strategy, online advocacy, non-profits, activism, arts, culture, social justice, content strategy
2011 - Present
Digital Director / SEIU
Leading the best digital team on earth in its two key responsibilities:
1. Executing strong, innovative digital campaigns for each of SEIU's top priorities
2. Building digital organizing skills across SEIU, including among its 2.1 million members, staff and leadership of the International and Local Unions.
In current practice this commonly involves: websites, email, text messaging, online advertising, social networking and direct outreach to online activists and bloggers.
User Experience and Content Strategy Lead for New Media / SEIU
- Responsible for online brand identity of the 2 million member non-profit labor union.
- Implementation of content strategy for the organization, including long-term growth of evergreen content and daily editorial oversight for news items
- Management of 6 person support team helping staff in Washington, DC and at local chapters across the US and Canada with website management, online advocacy tools and new media strategy.
Art Director for New Media / SEIU
Fighting for the rights of workers with graphic design and layout for websites of the 2 million strong Service Employees International Union. Design work in Photoshop, Illustrator, and CSS/XHTML. Oversight of web design work by other SEIU design staff and freelancers.
Web Designer, Graphic Artist, Online Strategy Consultant for non profits and progressives / Erik Moe Art & Design
- Web design services, content strategy, search engine optimization and social media consulting for non profits, arts organizations, progressive causes, and commercial clients
- Photoshop, Illustrator, standards-compliant HTML, CSS
- Emphasis on theme design for open source platforms including Drupal and Wordpress
- Portfolio available upon request
Art Director / Web Designer / A Democratic presidential campaign
Responsable for all visual/UX elements of presidential campaign website and related online properties. Additional oversight of print materials, signs, t-shirts, banners, etc.
Documentaries Guide / About.com
Wrote full-length reviews of nonfiction film and television, posted frequent blog updates about documentary filmmaking, directors, film festivals, and analysis of film and television industry.
Designer and Administrator / The Center for Emerging Visual Artists
Web and print design, database, donor management, exhibition support.
American Culture and Media Arts
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Urban Studies, Art History
Activities: HECUA City Arts (art and social change program)
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Illustration, Digital Media
University of Wisconsin-River Falls
Fine Art, English
Activities: WRFW-FM, Habitat for Humanity